Thursday, August 5, 2010

CHIROPRACTIC HELP!!!!

Yesterday was my first Chiropractic appointment and I was impressed. I just figured the appointment would be someone cracking my neck and back and then me walking out feeling great. Well, not only did they crack my neck and back, but they did so much more for me...

Let me hit up some of the highlights that I was especially happy with. Now bare with me because I do not know any of the technical terms and will be using words such as 'thingy' and 'stuff.' They used some 'thingy' tool that scanned my vertebrates to see where there was tension or pressure. They started all the way at the top of my neck with my C1 and went all the way down to my L5. I watched the whole thing and saw as they went down what my 'numbers' were. You would think this took awhile, but it was quick and above all absolutely painless. (I have a very small pain threshold). Next they took me to my doctor's room where my doctor later came in and he brought in a chart/picture of a vertebrae and highlighted the points where he can see 'tension' or as I think he called it 'where my vertebrates' were locked up. The chart also showed what vertebrae was responsible for what nerve. (I'm telling you this was amazing to see and hear from the doctor). I feel like I learned so much not only about my neck and back, but about how the brain and spine work in general....

After, we went over my stress points we then started with some exercises to see what he could feel as well as what I felt to be painful. Once we were able to see these points we went ahead and started the adjustment process. Part of this process was done by my doctor and then other were these heated massage pads put in the places that needed relaxation. After the massaging pads I was given a heated ultrasound massage. Very nice, I must say. Lastly, my doctor came in and manually adjusted me in all the right places.

Once it was time to leave, he did say there might be some soreness due to the adjusting and such, but I felt great when I got home as well as this morning. I could not have been happier with my appointment and I will for sure be going back. If you ever need a visit I would recommend my doctor.

Dr. Matthew Buck 314.962.3130.


1 comment:

  1. Great blog post! It is always fun to teach patients about what Chiropractic is really about, the brain, spinal cord, and the relationship between the spine and overall health. I have taken continuing education courses with Dr. Buck and I second the recommendation.

    Brady R. Williams DC
    Sport and Wellness Chiropractor
    Columbia Illinois

    ReplyDelete